Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Are the products used dangerous to kids and pets?
Safety is our top priority. All of our service professionals have been trained on the proper application of materials to ensure a safe and healthy environment for your family and pets.
Are Carpenter Ants dangerous to my home?
Carpenter ants are merely a nuisance or a serious structural pest that needs to be addressed quickly. If the weather is mild and you happen to see one every few days, further inspection may be necessary. Seeing several daily is cause for concern and treatment maybe necessary.
What can I do outside of my house to keep pests away?
1. Inspect and seal any cracks and holes outside your home. Make sure vents are screened and gaps around windows and doors are sealed.
2. Check around the perimeter of your home for leaky faucets and anything that allows moisture to pool around the base of your home.
3. Eliminate debris from gutters.
4. Trim tree branches and shrubbery around your home, especially if they are touching the building.
5. Store firewood and other wood at least 20 feet away from your home.
What are five things I can do inside my house to keep pests away?
1. Keep all kitchen areas clean (including floors) and free of useless clutter. Kitchen appliances should be kept free of spills and crumbs. Clean shelves regularly and store foods such as cereal, flour, and dog food in airtight containers.
2. Keep garbage areas clean. Garbage should be stored in sealed containers and disposed of regularly.
3. Check pipes and pipe areas around the house for leaks, cracks and gaps and seal and patch any problems if necessary. Leaky faucets should also be fixed.
4. Keep basements, attics, and crawl spaces well ventilated and dry. If you have mold and mildew in your home or office crawlspace, it’s a symptom of an excess moisture problem.
5. Inspect boxes, grocery bags and other packaging you bring into your home thoroughly. Insects have also been known to come in on potted plants and in luggage.
Why not try to control our pest problems myself?
Just as you wouldn’t prescribe medicine for yourself or drill your own cavities, you shouldn’t attempt to control termites or other pests on your own. The products and the expertise offered by Intrastate Pest Control far surpasses what a homeowner could do on their own. Leave it up to the experts for peace of mind. Why risk it?
How difficult are termites to treat?
Termites are nearly impossible for homeowners to treat on their own. On the other hand, the professionals at Intrastate have the training, expertise and technology to eliminate termite colonies and infestations, giving you peace of mind.
Can pests other than termites damage property?
Absolutely. Carpenter ants, carpenter bees and powder post beetles are all categorized as wood destroying insects. That’s why it’s important to have a professional identify the source of your problem and provide the most effective treatment to control it.
How do you treat for Cockroaches?
Cockroaches have long been one of the most common household pests in our area. We've developed years of expertise in solving cockroach problems. Our control strategy depends upon the species of cockroach, which is why inspection and identification is an important first step. Upon identification of the species and analysis of the situation, a strategy is developed. Rose technicians utilize baits, carefully placed out of reach of children and pets, to eliminate cockroach populations. In other situations, insect growth regulators, which inhibit the ability of the cockroach to molt and grow, are used in combination with other methods. And additionally, we provide information to clients about the ways that they can minimize pest immigration and avoid providing harborage for pest populations. So you see, cockroach control is really best achieved through a combination of techniques - an "integrated" approach to pest management.
Does Intrastate have a service to control mice?
The house mouse is one of the most common pests triggering a call to Intrastate. They are best dealt with using an integrated approach including exclusion, sanitation, and population reduction. Usually traps are employed to eliminate mice living inside buildings, but rodenticide baits occasionally have some utility as well. Each account should be inspected and assessed for the best approach to use at each home/building.
If you have questions about Intrastate Pest Control Co, services they provide, or just want to chat - Call Intrastate today at 434-295-6565.